"Twaba" – as Mohamed Omar is widely known among fellow musicians and fans – is much more than just a master percussionist. The East African with roots on Zanzibar, the paradise-like island in the Indian Ocean is also a multi-instrumentalist, music teacher, arranger and winner of several local and international music awards.
He plays not only the Conga, Quinto, Tumba and Djembe but also masters to play the Marimba, Balafon, Mbira (Kalimba) and a number of further traditional instruments – especially those typical for East Africa.
Thanks to his outstanding talent Twaba was part of numerous productions, toured to more than 15 countries in Africa, Europe and Asia and perfomed with names such as U2, Yousu N'dour, Yvonne Mwale and Oliver Mtukudzi.
Twaba is available for Solo performances as well as stage production and studio recording throughout the year. His new album is set to be released in Summer 2016.
- Winner Music Crossroads International Music Competition
- Album Recordings with Yvonne Mwale (Kalamatila, Ninkale)
- On tour in Europe with Yvonne Mwale (2014, 2015)
- Further performances with Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Oliver Mtukudzi, Buju Banton Yousou N'dour and U2
- Performances at dozens of festivals around the world, incl. Sauti za Busara (Zanzibar) and Festival Mundial (Netherlands),